google-site-verification: google0e688bd979c6ae6e.html The Preferred Life: And What Is The Jury's Verdict?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

And What Is The Jury's Verdict?

The Jury has decided to accept my jewelry designs into the Spruill Arts Student Faculty Juried Exhibition, June 14 - August 17, 2013. When Jennifer called to let me know that two of my pieces were selected for the exhibit, I was tickled pink.  It was hard enough to complete my pieces by the deadline of May 23, 2013 by 5 p.m. with all the finishing touches, but waiting to hear the selections from juror Michael Rooks is a totally different ball game.

Mr. Michael Rooks is the Wieland Family Curator Of Modern & Contemporary Art at The High Museum Of Art Atlanta.  Need I say anything more?  This is the boost my ego needed.  Every now and again, inspiration and creativity do not come so easily.  The news today definitely makes me feel better.

To stir the pot a little more, the exhibit will award prizes to its participants.   This exhibition will also showcase all mediums currently being produced at the Spruill Center For The Arts.  Prizes include:  
Best In Show
Best Faculty
Best Student
2 Honorable Mentions
People's Choice
Prizes will be awarded at the Opening Reception, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 6-9 p.m. at the Spruill Gallery, located at 4681 Ashford-Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, GA  30338, 770-394-4019.

Last but not least, I'd like to tip my hat off to the Spruill Center's Educational Center.  The administrators and instructors are like family.  It's a great place to learn, fellowship, and test the waters with your creativity.    Kristen, Terri, Mindy, Jennifer, Susan, Tom, Bob and the list goes on, are great people to work with and are great community craftivists that keep the arts active, vibrant and alive in the Atlanta community.  

Support the arts at the Spruill Center!  We hope to see you at the Opening Reception.  







No comments:

UA-35893866-1